The one who removes a mountain begins by removing small stones.
--Chinese Proverb

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I say a Beijing China!

My kid brother Jake had this funny little song he randomly started singing to the tune of that Barney song "Please and thank you, those are the magic words" that used to crack us up so bad at home. It was mostly because of the hysterical facial expressions that he'd do to go along with it but it's a real hoot. I wish I could see him do it now.

Did I ever think I'd be going to Beijing as a nineteen year old English teacher????

Never!

The Great Wall made it onto the bucket list I made about a year ago for FHE and I can't believe I'm going. Yes, I am going to Beijing, the Great Wall, the Forbidden city, and the whole She-bang. Tomorrow. Oh my heck I'm geeking out!

I was planning on blogging a lot before I went. About many things. But it's just too time-consuming sometimes to coordinate a masterpiece so I put it off and now it's vacation time. Oh well, what can I do? Go to Beijing :)

If blogging was easier I would have an awesome picture of chocolate chip cookies and write something about how a girl can't get much happier than cookie dough and Taylor swift in her PJs on a Thursday night in the kitchen. Just understand that made my day today :) Those cookie mixes from home are a much-needed, heavenly oasis sometimes our here. I think if I start a blog at home when it would just be about stuff like that --little things that make me happy :) Justin always tells me only married people have blogs and now that I'm here keeping up a China blog I can totally see how that's true. My normal life isn't exciting enough for it, I don't think!

Also, a big shout out to Daisy!!!! I will give you your honorary birthday nod when I get back but know that it's coming ;) Happy birthday, Stace Face!! I hope your day is full of happiness, balloons, cake, butterflies, fireworks, cute boys, Kristin and confetti. You are the best, Daisy Crocket :)

I'm going to ride a train tomorrow for the first time in my life besides the little Disneyland one! Woot! This whole trip is going to be a little nerve-racking-- 21 hour train ride to Beijing, 5 full days there, 11 hour sleeper bus to Xi'an, and then flying home from there. What a Chinese marathon! I'll probably never catch up with myself as far as blogs but I will sure try. I have this perfectionist problem where I need things to be creatively wonderful or I don't do it at all. And since China makes it hard I get deterred very easily. Anyway, rambling :) I'm going to blow dry my hair, finish packing, get some sleep, teach in the morning and head on my merry way to Beijing!!

I feel perfectly equipped for this trip having gone to kung fu twice this week and watching Mulan last night.

Let'sa go!


(I have just been told by Amanda that I am the jedi master of squeegeeing the bathroom floor. I think we have been here too long-- China is getting to us.)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you keep blogging after China! I love your writing and knowing what's going on with you, even if it's not in china. But while yore there, I am SO excited for your big vacation this week!!! This is going to be amazing and I hope you take a million pictures! And whatever you can't blog while you're there, you can show an tell me about in person when I come to Utah in July. Exciting. Kind if sad your Chinese adventure will be over though. Let's not dwell on that part. I am loving this chinese phase of your life. Oh and your photo of the cute sunglasses on the beach with the flower inspired me to go out and buy some very similar sunglasses for myself, and I think when I go to Hawaii in two weeks I might have to take a very similar photo. Hopefully you won't sue me for copyright enfringement. Imitation is the best form of flattery, right? I just want to be more like you! And I am totally with you on the pj's + cookie dough. That is bliss. I just found a new oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe and I'm going to have to make a date with it and my pjs and a spoon in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got caught up on your life in China and loved it! Loved all the posts I had missed and loved that you are having a blast. Can't wait to hear about your big trip and I am really missing you. So wishing you were here for Mothers Day! wink wink I am sure someone else is also wishing that. Can you believe how fast time fly's by and especially when you are busy and having so much fun. How fortunate you are to be experiencing so much there and soaking it all in. I love your Rock Star status. You may have a budding career and you really should start to charge for your random photo shoots with the Chinese tourists. They would probably go for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no married people or families just write about weird or funny things their spouse or kids do, so you can do the same thing when you're single 'cause you're freakin' hilarious babe! :) keep it coming as you have time hope you are having a good time. love ya!

    ReplyDelete