Once upon a time Justin, Beanz and I used to make pot-stickers and watch free Comcast on-demand movies while we ate them. They were the best thing ever :) Then I went to Hong Kong and realized I could get them there! Their name had changed to dumplings but that was not a problem with me. THEN I got to Zhongshan where we ultimately began calling them by their Chinese name, jiao zi. And we loved them :) We've had them on every vacation we've been on and you can always rely on their squishy, filled goodness. Our native coordinators taught us how to make them an all my dreams and wishes were fulfilled :)

My creation:) Isn't it cute!

It was a fun night :)
Hopefully I can find the stuff to make them at home! 'Find an Asian market' is definitely on my summer checklist once I get back to Utah! Word on the street is that there's one in Provo. I will find it.
And I will be tons better than Justin or Beanz at using chopsticks from now on ;)
There is! It's called Many Lands, it's across from the hospital, kitty-corner from Tepanyaki. I've gotten sushi stuff there and the place seems legit.
ReplyDeleteI am seriously impressed with your beautiful dumpling. Okay, we should have a dumpling party when you get back. I'm coming to UT July 15-26. We should get together with Beanz, you can teach us how to make dumplings and we can watch a movie. Fun!