I am definitely a picture blogger but I'm going to pretend for this post that I am not.
Because I don't really want to post pictures of my messy room...it's a dignity thing, I guess ;)
Well, back up. My room has been a disaster since I moved home before Christmas. Like, tornado-ravaged. And every time I tried to do something about it, I didn't have anywhere to put things so it soared right back up to that normal level of entropy. Last night as everyone was getting ready for bed, I said to my mom, "I think I'm ready for you to help me organize my room." She said that was a probably good idea and went to bed. I proceeded to spend the next 4 hours doing it myself....I randomly had the energy and motivation and just decided to go with it! I actually enjoyed myself, that's the real kicker ;)
So if I were to post pictures of my room now I would be able to feel proud of them :) But as a boomerang kid, my room is not (and probably won't ever be) as clean as normal people's so I'll spare myself putting those pictures up. Just know there were....7 boxes and a huge garbage bag with my old comforter piled in the far corner of my room, a laundry basket like a huge island in the middle of my floor, several big boxes by my closet and clothes EVERYWHERE. Now I'm down to 4 boxes in the corner, my shoes are actually in my closet, the laundry is put away, my papers are mostly sorted and everything else is piled neatly in its "spot." I can live in my room now! Without doing the little messy room grapevine walking maneuver to get around. And I hung my picture frames up so my living space finally feels like me.
And now I'm just thinking.... why didn't I do this earlier???
6 years ago
Okay, your blog is incredible! I love it! How do you come up with this stuff?! You're so cute and clever and fun! I'm so glad you're my sister!
ReplyDeleteI got a kick outta this room one...I was fortunate enough to see the 1st scene described, so I can only imagine how happy you are to have it clean!!! So glad we'll be able to keep better connected this way. Bet Isaac is having a blast w/you right now. Tell everyone there hi! I'm just trying to convince Jefferson to brush his teeth before he can play anything---we've been stuck at this point since morning, but we're really trying to get the "twice a day" in, and old dogs sure don't want to learn new tricks. :) (me or him! once a night is hard enough!)
I love your blog. You're so clever! And I am impressed with your cleaning skills. And picture hanging skills. After nine months living in our apartment I still haven't hung anything on the walls. Haha.
ReplyDelete