The one who removes a mountain begins by removing small stones.
--Chinese Proverb

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The 30 Day Shred

We all realize we're going home soon and that it'd be great to be tan and toned when we do (we're around rice cheeks all of the time, can you blame us?).

Last week was gorgeous and we had a few days of solid sunlight in which to bronze ourselves but this week has been rainy rainy rainy. Thanks, monsoon season. But the working out continues! Three days a week I train with Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser and she makes me want to die. We literally have sweat DRIPPING down our faces and necks and backs when we finish her intense 20 minute abs/strength/cardio circuit training workout of craziness in the humid but semi-airconditioned dance room of our kindergarten. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have intense kung fu practice and our instructor, Spring, either sits on me in the splits position or makes us run our routine over and over until he can see we are dying and let's us take a break. No sympathy for inflexible Americans. "Study harder" he says. Right.

So between this..

May

And this...

Photobucket

..And climbing 4 flights of stairs at least five times a day, I am on my way to BEING SHREDDED.

Hopefully the weather clears up soon :)

And I promise that workout is harder than it looks, that was during warm-ups because post-workout pictures would be nasty and embarrassing for everyone involved, including you. Trust me on this :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I am seriously impressed! You are inspirational. I need to be more like you!

    ReplyDelete