
Hugging random chicken men.

Willingly eating chicken feet.
Waiting in general does interesting things to people. For some reason waiting for buses is especially bad. We have learned to find just about anything to entertain ourselves..







Waiting rots the brain!

Using squatters, becoming acustomed to squatters, preferring squatters to western toilets, and taking pictures with squatters. Pretty much squatters make you a crazy person.

Acquiring Chinese eyes. Inevitable.

Leading songs during opening of our class has really increased my ability to yell and sing at the same time. Hopefully my vocal chords have not been damaged?

In every picture there is a moment of decision: smile or pull a face. Maybe it’s the frizzy hair or the bad skin or the bleached/stretched old clothes or the general frumpy appearance that I suffer from here but I have definitely developed a tendency to do the latter here.

China breeds random behavior. I could try to explain this picture but it probably wouldn’t do any good, it still wouldn’t make any sense to you..

I have become a photo-bomber in China. This picture was a perfectly good self-shot of Debbie at the summer palace before I invited myself in and spoiled it. Or enhanced it ;)

I get tired of doing my hair, enough so that I will let pretty much anyone do it for me.

The Chinese are concerned about saving face. We aren’t! Pretty sure we make a scene wherever we go, whether or not we mean to.
Yep we’ve completely lost it! It honestly can’t be helped though, Chinese people are inherently insane so what do you expect us to be like after 4 months with them??
There are a lot of movies and books that remind us of China in little ways but right now there’s just one phrase that stands out in my mind that pretty much sums it up. It can be found on the case of the new Alice in Wonderland movie (which I happened to really like, by the way!):
WE ARE ALL MAD HERE.
There's no denying it!
Ah I love this Andrea! Oh those squattie potties! pretty sure everywhere I went no one could actually make it --especially at the schools. They are great yet oh so very not as clean as the western toilets ha....
ReplyDeletehahaha, this post is amazing!! i don't know if i could handle the squatter potties. i can do that in the woods when i go camping just fine, but why in the world would you force people to squat if you have access to indoor plumbing?!!? crazy chinese people. maybe my favorite shot was the photo-bomber one. klane has developed a love for photo bombing lately and we've got some classic shots of him poking his head into shots from our recent trips. hahaha.
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Chris was just telling me about the squatters, wow, so someday will you put one in when you build your own house, ha ha. thanks for video chatting for a few minutes, as you can tell the boys were excited to show off for you.
ReplyDeleteoh and I can't remember if I told you but there are lots of Asians stores around here we can show you to get food. we are thinking we should do potstickers out at mom and dad's for a sunday dinner to celebrate after you get home! Chris' mom has a super cool thing that helps make lots of them pretty fast. have a fun last 2 weeks, crazy!