Here's couple kids in my homeroom group. Hocking on the far left, about to punch Martin next to him. That's Lee with the cheesy smile and Peter who is pretending to shoot Debbie behind the camera. Charming, no?

Hocking used to be my ultimate favorite but he started being too naughty that Lee took that spot (I have a little crush--shh! ;) ). Martin....oh Martin, where to even begin...he's enthusiastic about everything that happens in class BESIDES speaking English, and when I tell him to repeat what I saw it's just, "I wa la craw yalon" ("I want a crayon"). Cute little guy, though. And Peter is one of those weird Chinese people that reminds me of someone at home who is most definitely not Chinese...my nephew Ian! Don't be freaked out, Jen, this is a bad picture but I can promise you your child is cuter. And TONS better behaved!! Peter is a menace!
Isn't this picture just oozing with mischief??? This is what I have to deal with all day!
"Eva, stop talking to Martin! English only! Everyone line up! Who's being good?? Do you need a strike??"
But one look at a face like this...

...and I can't stay mad for too long, even at the naughtiest ones. I'm a pushover for those squinty eyes!
And recently we've started going over at bedtime and helping the kids who stay the night at the school get ready for bed. It is quite possible the cutest thing I have ever seen! So fun to see them more happy than naughty and hopefully the behavior will get better as we bond with the kids!
I also love it when they call me my Chinese name... they sure get a kick out of that :)
P.S. I didn't catch up before my vacation :( Drat!
Ahhh, they are so cute! Thanks for posting some pics. I loved reading about your kids. Such cute little stories.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry my new blog looks weird in China! That stinks. Trust me, it looks good here. :) Hehe.
I think I would fall in love with them too, but their naughty behavior is still a mystery to me. For some reason I thought chinese kids would be so diciplined and under control. Yet they are 5 and who is in control when your 5, plus that would be frustrating to be 5 and try to understand someone who is speaking another language. They are probably just really wound up from all the explosion of knowledge trying to enter into their little brains. Darling kids!!
ReplyDelete