The one who removes a mountain begins by removing small stones.
--Chinese Proverb

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting into the [China] Spirit

I went with my friend Dee Dee from work and her friend Mo from my ward to the Christmas Devotional by the first presidency in December. It was freezing but I was really glad we got there early for stand by tickets because we totally got in! The Devotional was awesome! The Spirit was so strong and it a blessing to actually be there, in the presence of so many other people eager to hear the words of our living prophet and apostles. They are truly inspired men!


Later we walked around Temple Square enojoying the beautiful lights (it was more like cattle grazing.. so many people just scuffling along!) around the temple, which I LOVE! I need to go at least once during the Christmas season every year and I was grateful for this chance! All the little multi-cultural nativities are so fun and I was especially excited about the Chinese one :) And there was only one posing option: classic Asian pose with the fingers and squinting the eyes... I'll have to work on both of those!


Dee Dee makes friends with people like no one I've ever met before, it's insane! Mo knew one of these guys from his mission, I think, but they were all our instant BFFs anyway.


I'll go inside someday! Thanks to Dee Dee for the great photo spot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment