The one who removes a mountain begins by removing small stones.
--Chinese Proverb

Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Glasses!

I've had the same pair of glasses since 8th grade. I prefer my contacts, yes, but that means I haven't been able to see through my specs adequately for...years. I don't recommend that. Imagine my excitement when my cute mommy took me to American's Best in November for NEW ONES! They were slow at calling me when they were done, but I finally picked them up this week and here they are:



...and yeah, did I mention they look almost exactly like my last ones? Except the frames are bigger (longer vertically?) than my old ones so I have glasses instead of bifocals, which is a huge plus.

Anyways, exciting! It will be SO nice in China to have the option to wear glasses without sacrifice vision for comfort. They are a teensy bit tight on my head though (by teensy I mean they give me a headache when I wear them for longer than 5 minutes...) so I'm going back next week to see if anything can be done about that. Headaches kind of cancel out all the helpfulness and convenience. Also I'm not used to being able to see that well so part of the headaches could be due to that ;)

But still!! Way fun :) This is how I wanted my first glasses to look, I'm glad to finally have them safe on my face.

(Once again, be a dear and don't mind the roots. Thanks! )

1 comment:

  1. Very very cute. I have the same problem, haven't updated my glasses since like 8th or 9th grade. Not good!

    ReplyDelete